Excellent tether for all cameras with 1/4"-20 tripod mount. Keep gear accessible and prevents loss or theft.
Mini Coil Camera Tether/Strap
- Features our Mini Clip.
- This camera tether is a result of "outside of the box" thinking and it's merits may not be readily apparent.
- Camera attachment: The swivel is screwed into the 1/4"X20 tripod mount on the bottom of the camera. By snugging the O-ring against the camera, you have a very secure attachment. The nickel plated brass swivel has stainless steel ball bearings which allow for low a very low friction rotation of the swivel, even under load. Any rotational force will be relieved by the swivel and the threaded attachment will remain snug and not unscrew.
- By snapping the Stainless Steel Mini-Clip to the ring on the swivel, the resulting webbing loop may be double looped and provides a very comfortable wrist lanyard for any size camera.
- For small and light point and shoot and digital cameras, the tether provides a comfortable and functional neck strap when the clip is attached to the swivel. The camera will hang upside down but when it is brought up for use, you will find that the single point of attachment at the bottom of the camera allows for easy access to all of the camera controls and the tether is completely out of the way
- Other electronic field tools have 1/4" attachment points and this tether may be used with them as well
- Custom and special tools may be drilled and tapped to receive the 1/4"X20 swivel of this tether
- Under Water still and video housings and equipment often have a 1/4"X20 attachment point and can be kept attached to the diver via this tether
- We know of one custom light modification that has a 1/4" X 20 thread placed in the rear of the body specifically to accept this tether. Perhaps light manufacturers may follow.
- The hardware on this tether was chosen to survive harsh environments like salt water.
- Allows for full extension of tool when in use with negligible tension on tool; the inner urethane coil has enough memory tension to to keep the tether coil tight but will extend with very little force applied. The inner coil is primarily designed to keep the tether short and out of the way when't (new word) in use. The combination of webbing and coil provide a collapsed helix which is less likely to tangle or get caught on objects compared to a poly coil which is not sheathed in webbing.
- Relaxed length: 15 inches, extended about 48 inches.
- Note: the tethers are meant to keep you attached to your gear but they are long enough that the attached tool will likely hit the ground if dropped. If working from a ladder or aloft, these tethers are strong enough to keep the tool attached to you should the tool be dropped.
- Approx. 1' relaxed and about 4' extended